Education and Health Services
The Education Services industry provides instruction and training in a wide variety of subjects. This instruction and training is provided by specialized establishments, such as schools, colleges, universities, and training centers. These establishments may be privately owned and operated for profit or not for profit, or they may be publicly owned and operated. Educational services are usually delivered by teachers or instructors that explain, tell, demonstrate, supervise, and direct learning.
The Health Services industry provides health care and social assistance for individuals. It includes both health care and social assistance because it is sometimes difficult to distinguish between the boundaries of these two activities. The services provided by establishments in the Health Services industry are delivered by trained professionals.
The Education and Health Services industry subsectors in high-demand in the Houston-Galveston area are:
- Escuelas primarias y secundarias públicas y privadas
- Institutos de enseñanza superior y universidades, públicos y privados
- Consultorios médicos
- Centros de cuidados para pacientes externos
- Hospitales de medicina general y quirúrgicos, públicos y privados
- Specialty Hospitals, Public & Private
- Consultorios odontológicos
*Incluye los siguientes condados: Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Colorado, Fort Bend,