Operadores de máquinas de herramientas operadas por computadora
What they do:
Operate computer-controlled machines or robots to perform one or more machine functions on metal or plastic work pieces.
On the job, you would:
- Measure dimensions of finished workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
- Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures, and workpieces on machines, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Stop machines to remove finished workpieces or to change tooling, setup, or workpiece placement, according to required machining sequences.
|Engineering and Technology
|| Habilidades básicas
||Hand and Finger Use
Want to Enter a Growing Part of the Mining Field?
Estimates show an annual job opening of over 520, with opportunities available in several industries tied to Construction and mining.
Get a Head Start Right out of High School!
Although most metal and plastic machine workers typically have a high school diploma, many computer numerically controlled machine tool programmers usually need to complete coursework beyond high school. Some community colleges and other schools offer courses and certificate programs in operating metal and plastics machines including CNC programming.
Machine operator trainees usually begin by watching and helping experienced workers on the job. Under supervision, they may start by supplying materials, starting and stopping the machines, or by removing finished products. Then they advance to more difficult tasks that operators perform, such as adjusting feed speeds, changing cutting tools, and inspecting a finished product for defects. Eventually, some develop the skills and experience to set up machines.
- Alvin Community College
- Brazosport College
- Instituto de Mainland
- Houston Community College System
- San Jacinto College District
- The Victoria College
- Wharton County Junior College
Workforce Solutions es socio regional de Gulf Coast Process Technology Alliance.
Principales empleadores en la región de la Costa del Golfo de México
If you have questions about our Industry/Occupation Profiles or are an organization in the Gulf Coast Region, please contact email@example.com.
|*Incluye los siguientes condados: Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Colorado, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Matagorda, Montgomery, Walker, Waller y Wharton.|