The Construction industry is primarily engaged in the construction of buildings or engineering projects (e.g., highways and utility systems). The preparation of sites for new construction and subdividing land for sale as building sites also are included in this industry.
Construction work includes new work, additions, alterations, or maintenance and repairs. It is generally managed at a fixed place of business, but can also occur at multiple project sites. Production responsibilities are usually specified in (1) contracts with the owners of construction projects or (2) contracts with other construction establishments (subcontracts).
The Construction industry subsectors in high-demand in the Houston-Galveston area are:
- Residential Building Construction
- Nonresidential Building Construction
- Utility System Construction
- Foundation, Structure, & Building Exterior Contractors
- Building Equipment Contractors
- Building Finishing Contractors
- Other Specialty Trade Contractors
*Incluye los siguientes condados: Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Colorado, Fort Bend,