- Servicios de rehabilitación vocacional
- Services-People with Disabilities
- Services-Students with Disabilities
Texas Workforce Solutions-Vocational Rehabilitation Services (TWS-VRS) provides a variety of Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) services that assist eligible people with disabilities in preparing for, obtaining, retaining or advancing in competitive integrated employment.
You may be eligible for VR services if you:
Have a disability, which results in substantial barriers to employment
Require services to prepare for, obtain, retain or advance in employment
Are able to obtain, retain or advance in employment as a result of services
If you need information about People with Disabilities, haga clic aquí.
For information about Students with Disabilities, haga clic aquí.
How do I apply?
You can apply for services at one of our offices near you! We are open for business with our staff working remotely. Find your Vocational Rehabilitation Office: http://www.twc.texas.gov/VRNearMe.
If you need help locating an office in your area, please send an email to email@example.com o llama al (512) 936-6400.
How are available VR services provided?
VR services are individualized to meet the needs of each participant. Services support the development of knowledge, skills, abilities, resources, and behaviors needed to reach the employment goal. We are here to assist you in gaining the skills needed for a career, learn how to prepare for a job, or provide you with the accommodations needed to stay employed. These are just a few ways VR helps people with disabilities increase productivity and independence.
What kinds of services are available?
TWS-VRS provides services to help bridge the gap between you and meaningful employment, which may include:
- Vocational counseling and guidance
- Referrals for hearing, visual, and other examinations
- Assistance with medical appointments and treatment
- Rehabilitation devices, including hearing aids, wheelchairs, artificial limbs/braces
- Therapy to address a disability, including occupational or speech therapy and applied behavioral analysis
- Medical, psychological, and vocational assessments
- Assistance with college, technical, or on-the-job training and internships
- Job coaches and support for customized employment, self-employment, and supported employment
- Pre-Employment Transition Services for students ages 14 to 22 to include career exploration, work-based learning, work readiness, self-advocacy, and counseling on post-secondary opportunities
- Return-to-work, job retention, job development, and job placement assistance
- Transportation assistance to and from your job, travel skills training, and vehicle modifications
- Other services are also available, including referrals to other partners, state, federal, and community agencies and organizations